How to wash your Viking Footwear
Treat your Viking Footwear nice - prolong their life.
Kid's footwear is exposed to heavy use and can get very dirty. Our collection of kid's footwear without GORE-TEX membrane is machine washable at 30 degrees. Remove any excess dirt with a soft brush or soft cloth. We recommend to remove the inlay sole before washing and to avoid the use of fabric softener. Let the shoes dry in room temperature and/or use dry paper towels to wick out excess moisture.
Adult Footwear: In case your footwear has taken a hard turn in the outdoors, your shoes or boots without GORE-TEX membrane can be cleaned with lukewarm water and a clean cloth or soft brush. Insert dry paper towels to dry the inside of the shoe or boot. Let them dry in room temperature. If needed a convection style boot dryer can be used.
How to wash your Viking GORE-TEX footwear
General maintenance advice for footwear with GORE-TEX® membrane. Our footwear range is designed with abrasion resistant materials and they are easy to take care of. This short routine will enhance the performance of your footwear and it adds to the durability:
- Clean the upper material with a soft brush or cloth and lukewarm water.
- Rinse of any sand, gravel or dirt - even the inside of the boot.
- Remove the inlay sole.
- Let dry in room temperature.
- Please avoid direct heat. No tumble dry. If needed convection style boot dryers can be used.
- Water repellant spray can be applied when footwear is dry - please also apply on shoes laces. This is only necessary when the original finish has worn off or due to heavy use.
How to wash your Viking rubber boots
Vikings rubber boots are durable due to use of natural rubber. If you follow these care instructions the lifespan of your boots is prolonged:
- Always store rubber boots indoors in a cool place, they are made of a natural rubber and sensitive to sun light and heat.
- When necessary clean the boots with lukewarm water and a soft clean cloth to wash off any dirt or sand. Let dry.
- Lifetime of the rubber boots is extended if you once in a while use our rubber care spray to polish of the boots, use a clean and soft cloth.
- This will prevent cracking of the material, the color is revitalized and the rubber stays flexible.
- Remove any moisture inside the boot by taking out the inlay sole and inserting dry paper towels to wick out any moisture. Never use heat or boot dryer.